Monday, September 26, 2011

The Good Wife Review 301: Bad Bad Thing

  The Good Wife is one of the best shows in recent history. Last season got a Best Drama nomination at the Emmys, and Julianna Margulies deservedly won Best Drama Actress. So you can understand I was greatly looking forward to tonight's premiere.
   I am incredibly sad to say I didn't like it. For one thing, the new Sunday-at 9-o'clock timeslot is awful. I  enjoyed it so much better on Tuesday at 10. It's like a tremendous inconvenience now. When football games run over schedule, this show will push back; and I'll miss Breaking Bad. And next month, The Walking Dead will be on at the same time.
  The episode itself wasn't that great, either. Will, one of my favorite characters, was selfish and obnoxious. The legal case involving a Muslim accused of killing a Jew was preachy. And Alicia herself was smug and self satisfied. As much as it was great to see her and Will together last season, she really shouldn't have done that. She lost her moral superiority over her lying, cheating husband; and she can't get it back.
   Overall, it was a disappointment. Sincerely, Observer.

No comments:

Post a Comment