Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Two and a Half Men Review 901: Nice To Meet You, Walden Schmidt: Part One

   I never really liked Two and a Half Men very much, even with Charlie Sheen. It was funny in parts, but a bit too raunchy for my taste. I decided to see how the new Sheen-less show would fare. It was surprising how well he could be replaced.
  Ashton Kutcher was actually a great choice. He brought a fresh perspective to an aging show, but still stuck to what made it a hit in the first place. The writing was a bit weak, especially with the whole suicide thing. Also, the name was a bit unusual, "Walden Schmidt". Still, he was very good, better than I would have thought.
  The way they wrote out Charlie Sheen played out exactly how TMZ said it would, with him falling under subway tracks in Paris. Serves him right, I came up with that whole "winning" thing long before he put it on shirts. Rose's eulogy was hilarious, she was one of the better characters. And having Charlie's ex-girlfriends show up was a fitting touch.
  Another thing, I didn't know that Chuck Lorre created Dharma And Greg.
  Overall, I wasn't expecting a lot, but was pleasantly surprised at how funny it was. Raunchy in parts, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and will be tuning in for the rest of the season.
   Sincerely, Observer.

No comments:

Post a Comment